Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stay sharp and well powered!


Way back in 1985, I walked into the lawnmower shop and bought a brand new candy apple red lawnmower. Now it was more than I could really afford at the time, but I've always tried to be a wise trader ~ buying quality, and having the right tool available for the right job...

She was state of the art, cut a clean line and even picked up after herself. Well... after years [{and years}] of hard labor, the ole mower began to skip a beat here and there, the hard rubber tires were worn through ~ she'd begun to more or less shred the grass, leaving clumped deposits all along the way... Then one day, the ole thing just quit on me.

After shopping around a bit {and suffering sever sticker shock}, I decided to just strap a new engine on and sharpen the blades. Well I'll declare ~ that old mower cuts just as clean and true as it ever did, and that got me to thinking...

... maybe if I keep myself properly "powered" and "sharp" ~ maybe, just maybe, I'll do a good job for a while still to come !
Ecclesiastes 10:10 ~ "If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength. Wisdom has the advantage of giving success."

1 comment:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

I miss Calvin & Hobbs too - Chris WAS Calvin! :)