Monday, June 23, 2008

I laughed until I cried ~ several times!




I am not a Steve ___ "fan". I don't see anything funny or socially redeeming in a movie about the escapades of a "40 Year old virgin", nor do I frequent movies satirizing Biblical events... It just don't seem right i.e. Ephesian 5:4. That said...




My young bride and I went to see the new Get Smart movie this past Friday night ~ and I must admit ~ I wound up just short of "convulsion status" more than once. With herculean effort, my date kept me from completely erupting {which could have drawn a 9-1-1 call, or at least a stern chorus of SHHHHH!} I kept my lid on pretty well, but the pressure valve was really hopp'n and whisl'n... and yes, the tears were gushing...




Those of us who enjoyed Don Adams and never missed a Saturday night episode will enjoy this one. Mr. C does not try to recreate Mr. Adams' portrayal ~ who could. What he does do is create a new Agent Smart... not dissimilar from the original, yet with a unique twist...


If you enjoy a good belly laugh(s) ~ and a bit of 60-70's nostalgia ~ don't miss it!


P..s watch for the original "Sigfried's" cameo!




1 comment:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

We saw that Friday night & I've never seen Mike laugh so hard since I put on a swimsuit! :) Seriously, that film is hilarious! Have you never seen "The Office"?