Monday, August 25, 2008

Leaking like a sieve


I Emailed my friend the other day.
Big news to share ~ Tales of a grand child ~ Woes of a move...
My friend replied - "call me"... His words stopped me cold.
Nicety's exchanged - my heart sank deep...
My friend had news too, his a bit ~ bleak.
One kidney gone - RCC is back to test my friend, yet again...
My heart ached - my eyes welled ~ Silent, choked empathy, leaked from me as if I were a sieve... His voice never cracked - Brave and resolute, as my friend recanted,
His hair stark "white", a Med's induced hue - the battle rages within.
My friend's a fighter, a survivor...
Let's all Prayer with and for him.
We love you David!









1 comment:

Cheri (aka "The Mom Lady") said...

Sorry to hear about your friend. But what an example - we all learn things from the challenges not only we face but other do as well.