Tuesday, August 19, 2008

72 @ 72













Monday, August 18, 2008 my 72 year old mother {who this past week became a great grandmother} shot her age while playing golf. That's right, the perfect 72 strokes = Par!

This score, I understand, establishes a new Ladies' record at Legacy Ridge - her home course.



But sportsfans ~ like Mr. Popeil used to say ~ "... wait - that's not all ..."



Allow me to set this up for you... The front 9 is a links style course, you know... water -lots of water- and rough... lots of tall-ball-eating-rough. As if that weren't enought there's sand-traps, wind, elevations ~ you name the peril, its there... The back nine is more conventional, offering the usual perils and challenges. It borders the woods, presents numerous water hazards to cross, parallel, etc.



You get the picture I hope -- not a course for the weak at heart. Yours truly typically loses at least a dozen balls ... and that's just on the front nine!



If you know my mom ~ you're probably not "shocked" at this 72 stroke accomplishment. We knew it was coming... For me, what's truly amazing is that she played the entire 18 perfect holes, using ONE ball... Mom never strayed, never faltered, never took her eye off the ball. How many balls have you and I lost by simply not paying attention, by allowing ourselves to be distracted. What skill, what discipline... what an example!



Congrats Mom ~ We are all very proud of and for you!


P.s. ~ there's hope for my game yet ~ its in my DNA, no matter how dormant ~ its here...
















No comments: